Monday 22 March 2010

Evaluation of Unit 4- Creating a record

The atmosphere of the Batman film is dark and mysterious. The character of Batman is also serious, dark and threatening. The record I have created is a music underscore for the opening credits of Batman the Movie.

Firstly, I listen to different musical instruments to see how they sound and then I chose the ones I liked. I started with one sound of a string violin because it was slow and with a piano at first but I rejected this because I didn't like the sound. Then I introduced another 6 sounds: Electric Grind bass, Bluesy acoustic guitar, Warped bass Low rent, 2 String ensembles, Warped drum Trance kit and String Violin. As the Batman credit came on I repeated the Grind bass and Bluesy acoustic. I dropped all those sounds and continued with two sounds of Low rent and String ensemble.

In my opening credit I have used String Violin to make it a slow and calm sound and I used bars 1 to 21, 25 to 44 and 48 to 67. For my second instrument I used bars 6 to 18, for the third I used bars 7 to 19, for the fourth I used bars 8 to 20, for fifth and six I used bars 10 to 73 and 74 and for the last instrument I used bars 13 to 21.

For my Batman theme the music is soft, dark and scary. At the end as the 'Gotham City' scene begins the opening gets louder and louder with lots of middle beats from bars 25 to nearly 73. The ending has harder beats to make it dark and scary so it can resemble the Batman theme. The melody is repeated so that it has background theme to make it good . Finally the finishing bar is 74 is made softer and softer.

I found using Logic 8 very hard at first and didn't understand what I had to do because I had never learned music before. Then I was taught how to create music by using Logic 8 and later on I found it easier and interesting to put my own ideas to music. After the opening theme music I made it too loud because I had used too many instruments. If I had to improve on my Batman theme I would change the louder beats to make it sound better and slower. The starting melody was scary and dark but it has different tracks which make it complicated to compare it with original Batman theme music.

No comments:

Post a Comment